[Pw_forum] Finite temperature exchange-correlation

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Jan 11 10:09:47 CET 2010

Jiayu Dai wrote:
> Dear Users,
>
> Is there any description for the temperature dependent exchange correlation energy
> in QE?

I don't think there is any implementation of such thing in QE at the moment (neither I've
heard of any projects which aims at including it soon).

> If no, and if i want to add this part, could i change the generated PPs at
> the same time?

In principle I think that you SHOULD (not could...), but this would require to generate a
separate PP for any temperature or range of temperatures. I don't know if anyone tried
such solution, maybe people simply resort to use PPs built at 0K. Anyway I suggest you to
read all the relevant literature before starting to implement this feature (if you really
need it...).

Regards

GS