[Pw_forum] Band structure calculation from geometry optimization output files.

mohnish pandey mohnish.iitk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:31:34 CET 2010

Dear PWSCF users,

   I have done geometry optimization for thin films of different systems.
Now I want to calculate the band structure of the compound. Can anybody
please give me a direction for the same. I am pasting a sample input file
for the geometry optimization for silver.

Sincere Thanks in advance,
MOHNISH PANDEY

&control
    calculation = 'relax'
    prefix='silver'
    restart_mode='restart'
    nstep=200,
    outdir='/home/rajpala/Desktop/silver3hcp_7'
    pseudo_dir="/home/rajpala/Desktop/silver3hcp_7"
 /
 &system
    ibrav= 4, celldm(1) =9,celldm(3)=5.25099769,nat= 9, ntyp= 1,
    ecutwfc =
30,ecutrho=240,occupations='smearing',degauss=0.015,smearing='gaussian'
 /
 &electrons
   diagonalization='david'
   mixing_mode = 'local-TF'