[Pw_forum] Fw : Help on ev.x procedures!!!

Bertrand SITAMTZE siyouber at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 16 11:31:57 CET 2010

Dear Paolo,

Thanks very much for your help. But this does'nt solve my problem. I know there are

-Murnagham EOS
-Second order Birch-Murnagham EOS
-Third order Birch-Murnagham EOS

Please I would like you to have a look at the ev. f90 file in pwtools folder and from the way the EOS are  written, to identify the meaning of the following EOS in this file:

-Birch 1
-Birch 2

Do they mean:

-Second order Birch-Murnagham
-Third order Birch-Murnagham  ?

In which case we should not lead to a value of B' for second order(usally equal to 4 for this EOS).

Does the Murnagham in this file has the same meaning as in the page
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birch–Murnaghan_equation_of_state  ?

Your answer is of great help for me. Thanks in advance.

Bertrand SITAMTZE YOUMBI
Laboratory of material sciences
Department of Physics
University of Yaoundé I-Cameroon