[Pw_forum] translation of lattice planes

vicky singh kirtinandan07 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 06:01:25 CET 2010

Hi Linh
thanks a lot for your suggestion. but u didn't get my problem. I think i was
too brief. actually i have made a supercell with 1x1x6 for Ni  100 plane i.e
12 layers as
CELL_PARAMETERS {cubic}
6.66    0       0
0       6.66    0
0       0       39.96

ATOMIC_POSITIONS {crystal}
Ni      0.000   0.000   0.000
Ni      0.5     0.5     0.0
Ni      0.5     0.0     0.0833
Ni      0.0     0.5     0.0833
Ni      0.000   0.000   0.1667
Ni      0.5     0.5     0.1667
Ni      0.5     0.0     0.2500
Ni      0.0     0.5     0.2500
out of the 12 layers i want to rigidly translate 6 layers in any x or y
direction. when i change the coordinates of atoms in x or y the supercell
gets deformed. how to do that.

vicky