[Pw_forum] mechanical properties

lfhuang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Thu Dec 23 11:36:25 CET 2010

Dear M. Mirnezhad:
     This is a quite interesting topic, which I have considered before. To calculate the bending modulus of graphene, certain approach is needed to bend the carbon plane. Probably, supercells should be needed in simulation. You can refer to one example below to see how the authors (my collegues and supervisor) made the carbon plane bended (folded):
http://apl.aip.org/resource/1/applab/v97/i15/p153129_s1
May this can be helpful to you.
Best Wishes!
Yours Sincerely
L. F. Huang

------
L.F.Huang(黄良锋) DFT and phonon physics
Add: Research Laboratory for Computational Materials Sciences,
Instutue of Solid State Physics,the Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 1129, Hefei 230031, P.R.China
Tel: 86-551-5591464-326(office)
Fax: 86-551-5591434
Our group: http://theory.issp.ac.cn