[Pw_forum] example07...again

W2AGZ w2agz at w2agz.com
Sat Dec 11 21:56:37 CET 2010

Eyvaz, thanks for getting back so fast.

My bad (mea culpa).  I thought I had inserted the “new Fortran code” you sent me a few months ago, but on replacement and “make,” I must have screwed up something...I’ll check.

In the meantime, you state the new matdyn.x “replaces all the old stuff, e.g. lambda.x” used in example07.  Is there an “updated example07” that illustrates the new methodology?  I follow the path illustrated in example07 a fair amount in my attempts to simulate electron-phonon mediated Eliashberg-McMillan pairing.

Last September you sent me a tar-file with the f90 code for elphon, lambda, matdyn, phcom and qr2 along with matdyn.in.dos and qr2.in.  I take it all are required to “fix” example07?  Or just matdyn?  I see the two text input files must be “plugged into” run_example because of the new nsig flag.  Anyway, I’ll see if I can get the “old” example07 to work.

BTW, I’ve observed one can have gfortran compiler issues with example07...go to http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2010-March/016356.html

I note phq_readin still contains the error message 'The phonon code with LDA+U is not yet available.'  Any idea when it might be available?  I would be a very willing beta tester.

BTW (again), I’m having occasional iotk problems running the PH code on both 4.0 and 4.2.1...see my original forum posting at http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2010-March/016356.html and Paolo’s reply http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2010-December/018852.html

On the other hand, backing off to 3.2.3 always works!  :-)

Regards, -Paul

http://www.w2agz.com

w2agz at w2agz.com