[Pw_forum] nstep not honored in vc-md

Steve Schmerler elcortogm at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:13:23 CET 2010

Hello

I'm using QE for a while now and I'm quite happy with it. Thank you for
working on this.

I'm trying some basic variable cell MD (pw.x, vc-md) and I found that
the code does not stop after 'nstep' steps with cell_dynamics='w' or
'pr', while it does so with normal 'md' and 'vc-relax'
(cell_dynamics='damp-w'). This is with 4.2.1 and 4.1.2 .

Attached are input (pw.in) and output (pw.out, killed after 9 steps,
nstep=3 in pw.in). "nstep=3" is mentioned correctly in the output,
though.

Thank you for your help.

best,
Steve