[Pw_forum] Generating pseudo potential

Vo, Trinh (388C) Trinh.Vo at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 31 20:38:13 CEST 2010

Dear Lorenzo,

Thanks a lot.  Attached is my input file.  The log derivative plot is still
terrible.  :-), so I still need to try different rcut values (and also the
rlderiv).  Following Stefano's advise, I think I should add semicore states.

Trinh

<Trinh.Vo at jpl.nasa.gov>
> wrote:
> The calculation is still finished, but I am not sure this warning
> means
> something would not be correct in the calculation results.

Dear Vo
> trinh, do not worry about those warning (as long as the
calculation
> eventually converges).

> For example, it predicts the Ecut for  wfc  4f  of
> 793Ry.  I can
> increase rcut for this wfc 4f to make this suggested Ecut
> value
> decrease, but it will become very soft.

Well, being soft is a good
> quality for a pseudopotential! Anyway,
suggested values of cutoff are
> actually suggested: only testing in a
plane-wave calculation can give a real
> estimate.
As you are not specifying you're choice of rcut I cannot tell if
> they are
reasonable or not.

> Thank you very much,

you're welcome