[Pw_forum] The -np option and openmpi.

Andre Martinotto almartinotto at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 15:42:25 CEST 2010

Dear Joaquin,

In principle the process of compilation appears to be correct.

What is your execution command? You are using a -npool 8?  The number of
process (-np ) is equal to 64 in both cases, but in the second case I
believe that you are using a -npool 8.

For example, something like:
/opt/openmpi/bin/mpirun -np 64 /opt/espresso-4.1.2/bin/pw.x -npool 8 <
entrada.in

Best regards,
André Luis Martinotto

Andre Martinotto