[Pw_forum] Res: vc-relax, GGA

Álvaro Alves asafis at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 24 23:31:49 CEST 2010

Dear Nahali

Is there any reference in which I get more information about vc-relax?

Sincerely,

A. S. Santos
Univesidade Federal Fluminense
Niter?i-Rio de Janeiro-Brasil

________________________________
De: Masoud Nahali <masoudnahali at live.com>
Para: pw_forum at pwscf.org
Enviadas: Terça-feira, 24 de Agosto de 2010 15:14:41
Assunto: Re: [Pw_forum] vc-relax, GGA

  Dear Santos

      Using vc-relax variable, all cell parameters ( distances and angles) are
optimized so one

      may obtain some parameters lower than expected. Did you consider symmetry
in your job or not? this would affect the resuls.

      I think that your obtained value is plausible. vc-relaxed calculation in
quantum espresso works very well and effective.

   Best Wishes
   Masoud Nahali
   SUT

Hello PWscf users. I optimize a triclinic cell using the vc-relax, GGA