[Pw_forum] Local magnetic moment

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 20:16:21 CEST 2010

If an electron has negative Sz, its magnetic moment would be negative. Sz of
majority spin electrons in your system is negative.
Just flip the molecule (system) 180o (change direction of z coordinate) you
will get positive magnetic moments (but you don't have to).
Duy Le
PhD Student
Department of Physics
University of Central Florida.