[Pw_forum] Intel MPI

joaquin peralta jperaltac at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:03:57 CEST 2010

Me and Claudia

are using intelmpi 4.0 in http://cystorm.ece.iastate.edu with a very good
performance .. but we are not sure now ... let me explain :

We use a surface of Al with 81 in 128 cpus using intelMPI and openMPI 1.4

The compilations options (make.sys), input file and output files are in this
page (sorry for use my page but was the more fast) :

http://www.lpmd.cl/jperalta/index.php?n=Site.QE-Cystorm

Probably is not a good test, because we detect after that the cluster
schedule manager (torque) was not work properly with intelMPI and was very
probably that some external works are using process in the open-mpi running.
Look this thread about schedule-manager and intelMPI
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=76537

Right now the cluster is under a upgrade, sure when we can do more test we
shared that.

Best Regards
Joaquin and Claudia.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at democritos.it>wrote:

> Can anybody report any experience linking with Intel
> version of MPI?
>
> P.
> ---
> Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
> via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
> Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222

Group of NanoMaterials
http://www.gnm.cl
Joaquín Andrés Peralta Camposano
http://zeth.ciencias.uchile.cl/~jperalta<http://zeth.ciencias.uchile.cl/%7Ejperalta>