[Pw_forum] FM and AFM calculations

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Sat Aug 14 16:39:26 CEST 2010

Dear Padmaja,

if you give zero starting_magnetization to all the atoms in your system you
will obtain a non magnetic solution.
The code won't be able to evolve any finite magnetization on any atom.
what you should do is to give finite magnetization to atoms, some positive
some negative, so that an antiferromagnetic
solution can in principle appear. The AFM solution could be not unique,
however, so different initial configurations
could correspond to different final results.

hope this helps,

Matteo