[Pw_forum] NEB calculation - Problem

Andre Martinotto almartinotto at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 18:50:52 CEST 2010

Dear Stefano,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm not absolutely sure what it is. I did some tests that led me to this
conclusion.

Initially I have started the NEB method without using the image
parallelization level and the PWscf seems to be running correctly. Below the
command line I'm using:

mpirun -n $NSLOTS  /home/u/almartin/intel/espresso-4.1.2/bin/pw.x <
/home/u/almartin/cosb3/neb/cosb3_neb.in

But when I run with two images I got the following error:

forrtl: severe (67): input statement requires too much data, unit 16, file
/dados/almartin/neb/neb.igk6

The command line I'm using is:

mpirun -n $NSLOTS  /home/u/almartin/intel/espresso-4.1.2/bin/pw.x -nimage 2
< /home/u/almartin/cosb3/neb/cosb3_neb.in

The "/dados/almartin/neb/" is a shared file system directory. I'm using an
infrastructure in which I can not use a local directory as output or
temporary directory.

I did some searching the Web and found that this error occurs due to
overwritten files.

Best regards,
Andre Martinotto
Email: almartinotto at gmail.com