[Pw_forum] about USPP installation...

Nguyen Doan Sau ndzsau at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 05:24:53 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I know this subject is quite irrelevant, but I really need advice or help on this following problem.
I am doing some electronic calculation on one of my new oxide noncentrosymmetric compound, so I need some pseudopotential files for each elements in my compound. I first try using the pseudopotential files I got on Quantum Espresso website but I soon I realized that the element pseupotentials are created somewhat different so I got the "inconsistent DFT read". (http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2004-September/001392.html)
That link above lead me to compile the uspp-736 (http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/~dhv/uspp/). Here is the problem. I could not have g77 or f77 with intrinsic idate and itime functions so I got stuck in make the program due to Gfortran compiler don't have that functions. I try to install older version of gcc but I failed. I also tried using date_and_time function of gfortran but it did not work.
I therefore would like anyone having this problem before when installing that program to help me fix the problem.
Thanks so much