[Pw_forum] About the mean square displacement in CP output

Bertrand SITAMTZE siyouber at yahoo.fr
Fri Apr 30 17:15:36 CEST 2010

Dear Antonio,

Thanks very much for responding. To plot MSD(t) I just go through the standard  output file and collect all the calculated MSDs fo each atoms. The time is computed using each "nfi"(the first column of the output file). I will be gratefull if you indicate a postprocessing code.
How to used an oscillating MDS to compute the diffusion coefficient as usually done?

Thanks once again

Bertrand SITAMTZE YOUMBI
Laboratory of Material Sciences
Department of Physics