[Pw_forum] RRKJ pseudopotentials and raman calculations

Eric J. Walter ejwalt at wm.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:59:04 CEST 2010

Merlin Meheut wrote:
> Eric J. Walter a écrit :
>
>> Paolo Giannozzi wrote:

>>> I don't think so. DO you have any evidence of this?
>>>
>>> P.
>>>

>> OPIUM makes norm conserving pseudopotentials only.  No ultrasoft.
>>
>> Eric
>>

> I understand now. My confusion comes from the fact that, to my knowledge,
> there is no norm-conserving pseudopotentials generated using the RRKJ
> algorithm
> on the official website. Is there a reason for this?
>
> Merlin

Both ld1 and opium generate norm-conserving psps using the RRKJ method.
The RRKJ method
(also called "optimized") is standard norm-conserving psp generation
method, just like Troullier-Martins.
The RRKJ method can also be used as a starting point for generating an
ultrasoft  psp, in which case
is sometimes referred to as RRKJ-US.  Only the ld1 code can do this,
however.

Eric