[Pw_forum] RRKJ pseudopotentials and raman calculations

Merlin Meheut merlin.meheut at lmtg.obs-mip.fr
Tue Apr 20 12:03:01 CEST 2010

Dear PWSCF users,

To be simple, I would like to know if there is a fundamental difference
between rrkj pseudopotentials generated with the opium software and
rrkj"us" pseudopotentials, such as the carbon pseudopotential
C.pbe-rrkjus.UPF present on your website. Apparently, the former work
for Raman calculations, on the same level as trouillier-martins, whereas
the latter is considered as "ultrasoft" and therefore the calculation
crashes.

For my use, these rrkj pseudopotentials are perfect, since they seem
sufficiently accurate and soft, and permit (if it is not a trick) to
make Raman calculations. Pure Trouillier-Martins are usually very hard
if high-precision is needed.

Thanks in advance,

Merlin
(University of Toulouse, France)