[Pw_forum] disentangle.x

Andrea Ferretti ferretti at mit.edu
Wed Apr 7 12:16:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

please note this forum is about quantum-espresso, so please make sure that what
you post here is relevant to the forum.
(otherwise post it directly to me, eg when specifically related to WanT
compilation etc etc)

Anyway:
it is actually difficult to guess what's going on here without any information
about the hardware, configuration (make.sys file) and the input file you are
using.

close to "starting iteration loop" (assuming this means anything), nothing
weird is done, the big part of the memory is already deallocated, and just some
mild use of linear algebra routines is done..

some ideas:
- try to compile the code using the internal blas and lapack libraries
   and check if the error is still there.
   In particular, I remember I got some run-time problems when linking some
   optimized version of the lapack lib (eg acml). The problems where
   related to calls to ZGESVD (singular value decompositon). In that case,
   linking acml as blas, but the internal version for the lapack lib solved
   the problem.

- are you sure the code is compiled serially ?? (the p4_error below, when
   googled, leads to a lot of issues related to MPI)
   even if this should be perfectly legal, messing around with libraries
   may make things harder to understand

Andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti
Oxford University, Department of Materials

Please, if possible, don't send me MS Word or PowerPoint attachments