[Pw_forum] GW code with Ultra-soft pseudo potential

marsamos at democritos.it marsamos at democritos.it
Thu Apr 1 11:17:40 CEST 2010

Dear user, at the moment there is no GW code with ultrasoft pseudo. I
think that VASP (not GPL, nor interfaced with espresso) does have PAW
(but maybe only in the development version). Anyway One of my
collaborators try the GW in VASP and told me that it was very slow. boh!

There is in july a CECAM tutorial for GWW, maybe you can try to apply.

bests

Layla

Quoting yukihiro_okuno at fujifilm.co.jp:

> Dear PWSCF users and developers.
>
> I'm now try to calculate the quasi-particle spectra of some materials.
> and I want to use ultrasoft pseudopotential in the calculation.
>
> There are some GW codes with interface of PWSCF,
>
> Yambo
> http://www.yambo-code.org/
>
> Sax
> http://www.sax-project.org/
>
> these code seems it does not correspond the ultra-soft pseudo potential.
>
> GWW
>
> seems under development and the program of large scale system with complex
>
> procedures.
>
> Are there GW codes in which we can use ultra-soft pseudo potential with
>
> the interface of PWSCF?
>
> Sincerely.

Dr. L. Martin-Samos
tel. +39 040 3787 429
CNR-DEMOCRITOS and
International School for Advanced Studies (ISAS-SISSA)
via Beirut 2-4
34151 Trieste Italy