[Pw_forum] error in scf calculation

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Mon Sep 28 15:20:35 CEST 2009

In data 28 settembre 2009 alle ore 14:39:55, yirigui321
<yirigui321 at 126.com> ha scritto:

>  when I calculate scf,the error "inconsistent DFT read " appear
> how to solve this problem?

Dear yirigui321,
the error message means that you have used pseudopotentials generated with
different kind of density functionals, e.g. LDA, PBE, B3LYP... In order to
have a consistent calculation all pseudopotentials must be generated with
the same functional. The easier solution is to download other
pseudopotentials from the web page, taking care that the choice functional
matches.

A few additional notes:
1. this problem has been discussed many times in this mailing list, please
do a search of the archive:
<http://www.google.cn/search?hl=zh-CN&q=site%3Ademocritos.it+pw_forum+%22inconsistent+DFT+read%22&btnG=Google+%E6%90%9C%E7%B4%A2&aq=f&oq=>

2. please provide you affiliation when writing to this mailing list, we
like to know who we are dealing with :-)

3. please spend some time reading the documentation, it will save you a
lot of time in the future; e.g. you issue is described in detail in the
troubleshooting section:
<http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting_(PWscf)#pw.x_stops_with_.27inconsistent_DFT.27_error>

best regards

--