[Pw_forum] from electrons : error # 1 charge is wrong

dev sharma decboy9 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:03:02 CEST 2009

Dear Sir,
 what i was find in my output file  ,  is that  the structure is  metallic
and asking for smearing and nosym see output below. I am doing  calculation
on ZnO doped with N, with one Zn replaced by N. Sir any comment or
suggestion on this as ZnO is a insulator with band gap 3.32 eV approx. And
when i am giving the smearing and set nosym=.true., the error is removed and
positions are being releaxed.

 Program PWSCF     v.4.0.2  starts ...
     Today is 24Sep2009 at 15:13:53

     Parallel version (MPI)

     Number of processors in use:       4
     R & G space division:  proc/pool =    4

     For Norm-Conserving or Ultrasoft (Vanderbilt) Pseudopotentials or PAW

     Current dimensions of program pwscf are:
     Max number of different atomic species (ntypx) = 10
     Max number of k-points (npk) =  40000
     Max angular momentum in pseudopotentials (lmaxx) =  3
     Message from routine setup:
     the system is metallic, specify occupations
     Message from routine setup:
     Dynamics, you should have no symmetries

Thanks In Advance,
Neel Singh ,