[Pw_forum] thin film construction

dev sharma decboy9 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 19:45:40 CEST 2009

Dear Sir,
 Like i want to make films of ZnO, then should i make a 2*2*2 supercell of
ZnO and put vacuum in between two layers ???  It means we are using two mono
layers seprated by vacuum ??? and Sir, how we will put vaccum between two
layers means which inputs to study    ? Sir ZnO is ibrav=4, and if i will
put vacuum between supercell will the ibrav=4 not change ???   Is there any
example/material to study related or any such problem in forum ??
Thanks ,
With regards,
Dev Sharma,
Univeristy of Delhi