[Pw_forum] workfunction and efield

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Wed Sep 16 08:56:47 CEST 2009

Hi. before calculating anything, I think it is important to define and
understand what one is going to calculate. Would you please give us a
definition of "work function under an external field" and compare/
contrast it to the accepted definition of "workfunction at zero
field"? Thanks - SB

On Sep 16, 2009, at 3:53 AM, 程迎春 wrote:

> Dear pwscf users,
>         The PWscf can calculate the workfunction in slab model and
> the electronic structure under external efield.  I am concerning
> that whether it it correct to calculate the workfunction of a
> certain materials under external efield?  Thank you in advance.
>
> --
> Y. C. Cheng
> Department of Physics
> Nanjing University
> Nanjing 210093
> P. R. China
> Tel: 86-25-83592907
> Email: yccheng.nju at gmail.com

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center -
Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) /
stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale
de la pensée - Jean Piaget