[Pw_forum] problem with projwfc.x

dev sharma decboy9 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 16:19:53 CEST 2009

Nicholas E. Singh-Miller and  Lorenzo Paulatto sir,

 I am confused in 1 in the BaTiO3.pdos_atm#2(Ti)_wfc#1(s),
if this 1 in the wfc#1(s), is not the shell quantum number   and it is an
index that runs over the number of atomic wave functions , that means what i
understood is that
since i have
 3S  3  0  2.00
> 3P  3  1  6.00
> 3D  3  2  2.00
> 4S  4  0  2.00
> 4P  4  1  0.00
 in my pseudo potential of Ti
the
BaTiO3.pdos_atm#2(Ti)_wfc#1(s)--> giving 3s states contribuition
> BaTiO3.pdos_atm#2(Ti)_wfc#2(p)-->  giving 3p states contribution,
> BaTiO3.pdos_atm#2(Ti)_wfc#3(s)--> giving 4s states contribution
> BaTiO3.pdos_atm#2(Ti)_wfc#4(d)--> giving 3d states contribution

and my 4p states contribution has been not calculted beacuse my energies(
may be excited depending upon the structure)  are not upto those level.

Am i correct????

Please help
Thanks.