[Pw_forum] GWW-band (P. Umari)

Geoffrey Stenuit stenuit at sissa.it
Wed Sep 9 10:19:12 CEST 2009

Dear Ali,

Just a few additional words:
The symmetric dielectric matrix is given in the output file generated
by the binary head.x (based on the ph.x phonon code as Paolo said). In
particular, it is also given by the second number on the line starting
by "HEAD:" .
In other words, if you do a "grep HEAD: output_file_name", you will
obtain a list with three columns. The first will be "HEAD:", the
second column will give the imaginary frequency at which the symmetric
dielect. constant has been calculated, and the third will give the
dielect constant.
You should have n_gauss+1 lines.
The convergence of these values should be checked as a function of the
k-point sampling.

Good luck,

Joe

Quoting umari at democritos.it: