[Pw_forum] using ev.x

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Wed Sep 9 09:39:35 CEST 2009

Dear Saibabu,

  using your data with ev.x I obtain very similar results using birch 1
& 2 and murnaghan EoS while very different when using keane EoS... this
indicates that keane EoS has met some problem (at least with your data...)
  I notice that your data points span less than 1% around the
equilibrium geometry. Usually one takes a larger range (let's say 5-10
%) which reduces the signal/noise ratio.
 hope this helps
  stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS