[Pw_forum] parallel matrix problem

Marc Segovia marc at fq.edu.uy
Fri Sep 4 01:22:25 CEST 2009

Dear all

Up to now we are using espresso-4.0.4 serial 32 bit, a few days ago, we
install espresso-4.1 parallel 64 bit, we made smalls tests with pw.x
which runs well, now I try to do some cp.x, but an error appear likes below.

from  cyc2blk_redist  : error #         1
      inconsistent block dim nb

I track the subroutine, error statement and variable definition, but
still is unclear which is wrong, my guess is that some problem with
parallel libraries , can someone guide me a bit.

Thanking in advance your help

Marc

SUBROUTINE cyc2blk_redist( n, a, lda, nca, b, ldb, ncb, desc )
   !
   !  Parallel square matrix redistribution.
   !  A (input) is cyclically distributed by rows across processors
   !  B (output) is distributed by block across 2D processors grid
 !
   ALLOCATE( sndbuf( nb/nproc+2, nb ) )
   ALLOCATE( rcvbuf( nb/nproc+2, nb, nproc ) )

   DO ip = 0, nproc - 1
      !
      IF( ip_desc( nlax_ , ip + 1 ) /= nb ) &
         CALL errore( ' cyc2blk_redist ', ' inconsistent block dim nb ', 1 )

 np = desc( la_npr_ )  !  dimension of the processor mesh
   nb = desc( nlax_ )    !  leading dimension of the local matrix block
   me = desc( la_me_ )   !  my processor id (starting from 0)
   comm_a = desc( la_comm_ )
   nproc  = desc( la_npr_ ) * desc( la_npc_ )

Marc E. Segovia Becker, PhD,Ch.Eng
Computational Chemistry and Biology Group, Detema
Facultad de Quimica
Universidad de la Republica
CC 1157A
11800 Montevideo
Uruguay
www.ccbg.fq.edu.uy

Models are not reality.

Nao se afobe nao, que nada é pra ja. Chico

If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough.Andretti

Soy jardinero de mis dilemas.Drexler