[Pw_forum] Titanium atomic positions

Giovanni Cantele Giovanni.Cantele at na.infn.it
Wed Sep 2 16:48:55 CEST 2009

Beside the check of the hcp unit cell, which is crucial, I also guess
that you gave the input positions
in "crystal" units, didn't you? If it is the case, I think that you
should add the "{ crystal }" string after ATOMIC_POSITIONS. Indeed, the
default is "alat" units, I think, namely, cartesian coordinates in
celldm(1) units.

Also do not forget to check the convergence of your results with respect
to ecutrho. The default value (4*ecutwfc) must be usually increased (6
to 12 times ecutwfc) if, as in you case, ultrasoft pseudopotentials are
used.

Giovanni

--

Dr. Giovanni Cantele
Coherentia CNR-INFM and Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche
E-mail: giovanni.cantele at cnr.it
        giovanni.cantele at na.infn.it
Web: http://people.na.infn.it/~cantele
Research Group: http://www.nanomat.unina.it