[Pw_forum] calculating equilibrium lattice constant

Hande Ustunel hande at newton.physics.metu.edu.tr
Mon Oct 26 15:00:25 CET 2009

Dear Mohnish

If it is a shell script that you are running you might try something like

    for file in out.*
    do
    E=`grep ! $file | tail -1 | awk '{print $5}'`
    echo E >> energies-file
    done

This is just a snippet you can place in your script as required. Please do
be careful about the way the quotation marks are pointing.

Best wishes,
Hande

--
Hande Toffoli