[Pw_forum] MKL 10.2 not recognized by configure script / Xeon=amd64?

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Tue Oct 20 16:13:26 CEST 2009

In data 20 ottobre 2009 alle ore 16:09:32, Matthias Timmer
<Matthias.Timmer at uni-due.de> ha scritto:
> For the moment it works perfectly, and I get a very considerable
> reduction in calculation time (seems to be >50% after first tests on our
> Xeons, just because of the MKL library instead of PWSCF internal - can
> that be true?).

Yes, especially for systems with many electrons, according to the
performance improvement they boast here:
http://software.intel.com/sites/products/collateral/hpc/mkl/mkl_indepth.pdf

> Compared to our Opteron cluster (ifort 9.1 / mkl 9.0), the Xeons (ifort
> 11.1 / mkl 10.2.1.017) save > 50% calculation time.

Yes, for the same reason as above.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto