[Pw_forum] how to use startingpot for different ecutwfc?

Duy Le ttduyle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 02:47:20 CEST 2009

Hi,First of all, I am not sure why you changed number of k-points and/or
ecutwfc, the wave function was read successfully. As I remembers, the wave
functions expansion has k and G as indexes. So, when you changed number of
k-points or cutoff energy, the wavefunction must not be read successfully.
Anyway, this is not the problem you are asking.

For "dimensions do not match": The dimensions of charge density usually
depends on the size of unit cell and the energy cutoff for charge density.
You probably changed the energy cutoff for charge density.

If you do want to change the energy cutoff for charge density, you should
consider to fix nr1, nr2, and nr3.

D.
Duy Le
PhD Student