[Pw_forum] how i can find tetragonal phase with PZT structure

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Thu Oct 15 18:02:47 CEST 2009

In data 15 ottobre 2009 alle ore 17:17:36, mtt physics
<mtt_turion at hotmail.com> ha scritto:
> I have a problem with calculate c/a for tetragonal phase

Deat mtt,
it is actually very easy: just take c and divide it by a, that's the
number you are looking for!

Now, seriously; if you want some helpful advice you should provide more
information about your problem. E.g. the input/output of your calculation,
the kind of system, the pseudopotential you are using.

Have you had a look at the example files? They used to be bundled together
with the code, but they became too big, you can download them from here:
<https://qe-forge.org/frs/?group_id=10&release_id=52>

Finally, the videos from a 2-week series of lectures on how to use
quantum-espresso has recently been published on-line: you can find them
here: <http://media.quantum-espresso.org/santa_barbara_2009_07/index.php>.
Please take some time watching at least the first few (by Baroni,
Narasimhan, de Gironcoli and Dal Corso),they provide the very basic
knowledge you really need to have before starting with electronic
structure calculations. It is boring, I know, but it pays back in saved
time.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto