[Pw_forum] Everything you always wanted to know about QE,

Nicola Marzari marzari at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 15 15:47:54 CEST 2009

but were afraid to ask...

Dear All,

now all (or most of your questions) have been answered ! As you might
recall,
this summer NSF/ICMR and Democritos organized a summer school on materials
modeling using QE at the University of Santa Barbara. Sadly, we had only
48 slots
(half US-based, half from outside) and 300 applicants. So, we decided to
put all
the lectures (slides, videos !, and tutorials) on the web.

You can find all of these linked from http://media.quantum-espresso.org  .

A few videos are corrupted (but not the audio) and a few of the keynote
lectures
are missing, but overall this is a very large and articulate amount of
material that
can act for everyone on this mailing list as the first resource to learn
about all the
different features of QE. So, if you have a question on the basics, or
on some advanced
techniques, go first through the relevant part of this material - most
questions are
answered there.

Many thanks to everyone that made this possible: all the lecturers,
keynote speakers, NSF and Democritos, but especially the ICTP Science
Dissemination Unit (Enrique Canessa, Marco Zennaro and Carlo Fonda) for
setting up the recording system OpenEyA, Gabriele Sclauzero (SISSA and
Democritos) and
Paolo Umari  (Democritos) for recording the lectures, and Alberto
Campagnari (Democritos) for
preparing them online.

Enjoy !

             nicola