[Pw_forum] k points in epsilon.x

marsamos at democritos.it marsamos at democritos.it
Mon Oct 12 12:29:44 CEST 2009

Dear User, for generating a kpoint grid supported by epsilon you can
use the following small program (for pwscf input you have to specify
nosym=.true., and KPOINTS crystal)

program kpoints_gen

integer :: ikz, iky, ikx, nk
real :: weight
real :: shiftx, shifty, shiftz

read(*,*) nkx, nky, nkz, shiftx, shifty, shiftz

nk=nkx*nky*nkz
weight=1.0/real(nk)
write(*,*) nk
do ikz=1,nkz
do iky=1,nky
do ikx=1,nkx

write(*,"(4f15.9)") (real(ikx)-real(1.0)+shiftx)/real(nkx),
(real(iky)-real(1.0)+shifty)/real(nky), &
           (real(ikz)-real(1.0)+shiftz)/real(nkz), weight

enddo
enddo
enddo

end program kpoints_gen

BUT I strongly suggest to you to use or the utilities inside SaX (see
www.sax-project.org) or yambo (www.yambo-code.org) for calculating the
dielectric constant. epsilon.x is not complete (it does not include the
nonlocal part of the pseudo potential and is not able to include in the
calculation the non-local field effects and excitonic effects). If YOU
WORK WITH SEMICONDUCTORS OR INSULATORS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPARE
WITH EXPERIMENTS. You should now which kind of RESPONSE you want to
reproduce.

bests

layla