[Pw_forum] how to build cell for diamagnetic material?

duchl06 duchl06 at 163.com
Fri Oct 2 14:10:12 CEST 2009

hi,Gabriele Sclauzero
thanks for your advice and hoping your further guide.
i am reading a paper "Charge-Transfer-Based Mechanism for Half-Metallicity and Ferromagnetism in one-Dimensional OrganometallicSandwich Molecular Wires"
http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja804053a
in this paper they consider a sandwich molecular wires (such as 1D (VBz)∞ wire, (MnCp)∞ wire, Bz is benzene, Cp is cyclopentadienyl), and they said "Furthermore, we investigate the effect of doubling the unit cell size along the SMW direction to evaluate the ground state of ferromagnetic (FM), antiferromagnetic (AFM), and diamagnetic (DM) configurations in our spin-polarized calculations with structural optimization,
and assess possibility of the Peierls transition."

  (and i also found in some other papers when they do not know the groud state is FM or DM, they would always say "To examine the stability of the local magnetic state, we calculate the energy difference between the diamagnetic and ferromagnetic states".

在2009-10-02,"Gabriele Sclauzero" <sclauzer at sissa.it> 写道: