[Pw_forum] contents of Pw_forum digest

xirainbow nkxirainbow at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 08:54:03 CET 2009

Dear Khambholja:

When calculating the total energy, QE performs integration in the first
Brillioun zone to account the energy of electrons.
But this integration can not be fulfilled analytically. Instead, it must be
performed by numerical integration.
Therefore, the k-mesh is used in this numerical integration.

The k-shift may be used to avoid special high symmetry points, for example
gama point.
However, I am also a little confused with the significance of k-shift.
Can any one give a explanation about k-shift:)
Thanks in advance:)

 numerical integration