[Pw_forum] Number of processor and the size of system

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Thu Nov 26 20:03:07 CET 2009

Replying to message "[Pw_forum] Number of processor and the size of
system" from Shaptrishi Sharma (26/11/09):
> why do we need more number of processors for some systems ( with less
> number of atoms ), compared to other systems which have less number of
> atoms ,
> otheriwse the job crashes and says 'cholesky decompostion' however it
> runs at high number of processors.

Dear Shaptrishi,
it depends on the details. Please provide more information on you job: how
many processors do you use in both cases? How many pools? The usual
stuff...

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto