[Pw_forum] how to set nr1b, nr2b, nr3b for cp.x when using ultrasoft pseudopotential

Uli Aschauer aschauer at princeton.edu
Wed Nov 18 17:37:22 CET 2009

Dear Vega,

it seems that you're mixing pw.x input in your cp.x input. There is no
such such thing as mixing_beta and nosym in cp.x (check the manual).
Also your system is way too large to converge the wavefunction in 80
steps, which is needed to get reasonable forces on the ions. There are
other I suggest you start from a cp.x example to understand how to
perform a sequence of cp.x runs.

Also please not the changing the dt in AUTOPILOT does not work as the
dt2bye variable is calculated outside the main loop in cpr.f90 and is
thus never updated upon AUTOPILOT events. You will have to move the
calculation of dt2bye inside to make it work.

Best regards,
-uli

Uli Aschauer
Princeton University