[Pw_forum] e: "cannot open xml_recover file for writing"

Cristian Degli Esposti Boschi cristian.degliesposti at unibo.it
Mon Nov 9 17:16:24 CET 2009

Well,

by comparing the output of my (several) aborted runs
on SP6 (CINECA) with what reported in Shu Xu's messages
(of 8/11/2009 and 20/10/2009) it seems that I have exactly
the same problem when trying to restart a phonon run (ph.x)
with QuantumESPRESSO 4.1, that is an error message

  cannot open xml_recover file for writing

I also suspect that it is due to a different directory
structure in version 4.1, so I encourage to report
a bug as suggested by Paolo Giannozzi. Otherwise I will
do it as soon as I have completed one more check...

Thanks for your time, Cristian
Cristian Degli Esposti Boschi
CNR, CNISM, Unita' di Ricerca di Bologna, c/o
Dipartimento di Fisica, Universita' di Bologna
viale Berti-Pichat, 6/2, 40127, Bologna, Italia
tel. ++39 051 2095114   fax ++39 051 2095113
e-mail: cristian.degliesposti -AT- unibo.it
web:    http://www.df.unibo.it/fismat/theory