[Pw_forum] Saving the ion velocities

Antonio Tilocca uccaati at ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 29 17:34:44 CEST 2009

Laura,

as far as I know, a normal restart of a previous Nose-thermostatted MD
run, with the thermostat turned off, does not reset the ion
velocities to zero, unless you specifically request it in the input:
if you send an input file/test case I could be able to tell more.

Antonio

Antonio Tilocca
Chemistry - UCL
www.ucl.ac.uk/~uccaati