[Pw_forum] inhomogeneous K-point sampling

Aritz Leonardo Liceranzu swblelia at ehu.es
Thu May 28 06:00:33 CEST 2009

Dear prof. Baroni,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

"Ever read a textbook on numerical integration? This and similar
issues are treated, I think, in many textbooks on numerical analysis."

Up to know the integrals I calculated were performed in real space
using Simpson's rule and was enough. To build the (k,q) momentum
dependent F_kq(r,r',w) matrix, I have to pick with caution
wavefunctions and their corresponding weights. It is not that I have
to integrate them but build a matrix and diagonalize it. As I said in
my 1st email choosing a uniform small  K-grid to build F does not
assure me convergence, that is why I would like to add points close
to the Gamma point.

For this purpose, I need to be able to construct nonuniform
reciprocal grids in the IBZ with their corresponding wafunctions and
weights. I am trying to figure out how to do this so I guess that
first I will need to understand how Monkhorst-Pack grids are
generated and more precisely the corresponding the weights of each
kpoint.

ANY REFERENCE AND/OR TEXTBOOK IS REALLY APPRECIATED. (I just printed
the original M-P paper so I can read it... )

Thanks again
Aritz