[Pw_forum] Optical phonon convergence at Gamma-point

Sophia Nishad sophia.nishad at gmail.com
Sun May 24 23:04:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have checked ecutrho as well (even though it is suggested in the mailing
list that the default relation for ecutrho should be ok with norm-conserving
pseudos). With changes to the ecutrho (~8,10 etc.) I see small change to the
optical phonons' values (~1 cm-1), but it is still off from the experiemntal
value by ~8cm-1.

I was confused why no comment had been made in the link
http://users.aims.ac.za/~paolo/tutorial_phon.htmat on the convergence of
phonons with respect to ecutrho whereas the importance of the effects of
ecutwfc on PW calculations was explained in so many places.

Could I conclude that with the norm-conerving pseudo available on the QE
website it is not possible to get improved phonon result???

It would be really helpful for me if someone could refer to results for Si
that had been done checking the convergence of phonons w.r.t ecutwfc.

Thanks,
Sophia.

--
Sophia