[Pw_forum] Extracting the kinetic energy from the one-electron contribution

Passerone, Daniele Daniele.Passerone at empa.ch
Mon May 18 11:56:05 CEST 2009

Dear users/developers

I have a very trivial question, but unfortunately I can not find an immediate solution.
How to isolate and print the kinetic energy contribution to the one-electron energy (that is printed at the end
of a scf run?).
I see in the code that the one-electron contribution is not computed directly as sum of Vion and Ekin,
and I suppose that the latter (which is computed in G-space) should be available somewhere...

Thank you for any help,

Daniele

Dr. Daniele Passerone
Theory and atomistic simulation of materials group

Empa
Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Research
nanotech at surfaces laboratory

Ueberlandstrasse 129
CH-8600 Dübendorf
Switzerland