[Pw_forum] monoclinic cell definition question

Jonas Baltrusaitis jasius_1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 16:38:29 CEST 2009

Fair enough. Big question is: a unique angle ab in monoclinic system if transferred from cif file is 90o, e.g. not unique at all. one of the two remaining angles is unique. hence I am trying to rotate the cell so this unique angle comes into place, e.g. between a and b, as defined in pwscf manual. it the get's complicated if x,y,z, coords should get rotated as well

Jonas