[Pw_forum] Compilation issue (phenom II and ACML)

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatto at sissa.it
Thu May 7 12:54:35 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 7, 2009 12:29, Vit wrote:
>  ACML can provede blas, lapack, fft libraryes. Why did it recognize only
>  blas?

For some reason they are not recognised by configure, it happens quite
often with acml. Nevertheless you can set make.sys manually in order to
use all the features of acml. Here is how I do it:
DFLAGS         = -D__INTEL -D__MPI -D__PARA -D__ACML
BLAS_LIBS      = -L/path/acml/3.6.0/intel64/ifort64/lib -lacml -lacml_mv
LAPACK_LIBS    =
FFT_LIBS       =

Note the -D__ACML in DFLAGS. It does not matter in which of the three
*_LIB variables you put the acml inclusio, as they are all attached
together in practice...

With acml 4.x it does not seem to work for me. Performance improvement is
not so impressive (but it may depend on system/hardware).

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto
SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS (Trieste)