[Pw_forum] Quantum Espresso

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Tue May 5 09:01:23 CEST 2009

Apu Sarkar wrote:

> I have configured and compiled the code

the cvs version, or the stable version?

> checking usppl_coulmb...... operating system error: cannot allocate memory
> Out of memory
>
> How can I get rid of this message and use the code?

is "uspp1_coulomb" the only test that shows a problem? if so,
you can safely use the code, except the rather peculiar case
of coulomb pseudopotentials (i.e. no pseudopotential but a
true coulomb 1/r potential, typically used for high-precision
calculations involving H atoms).

The case of coulomb pseudopotentials turned out to contain
some bugs, but it is hard to say whether they are involved
in your problem without more information

Paolo