[Pw_forum] Can't run any example in QE v4.0.4

Gabriele Sclauzero sclauzer at sissa.it
Mon Mar 30 16:25:47 CEST 2009

Abdulrafiu RAJI wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I have just downloaded QE v4.0.4. After successful compilation on my AMD dual- processor, I tried to run some examples in the code. But each time I do this, the following error messages are reported, and this is case of may examples that I have tried :
>
> running cp.x as: mpirun -np 2 /home/araji/Codes/espresso-4.0.5/bin/cp.x
>
> cleaning /home/araji/tmp... done
> running the calculation with fixed ions..../run_example: line 131: mpirun: command not found
>
> How do I handle this?

You have to find out where the mpirun command has been hidden... for sure not in the QE
folder :-)

Seriously: this is not a QE issue, you have to find out why your parallel environment has
not been setup properly. You may simply need to load a module, if you're working on a
cluster with modules, or at worst reinstall your parallel implementation ;-)

If you want to compile a serial version on a multi-core machine, try
./configure --disable-parallel

GS