[Pw_forum] antiferromagnetism in ZB input file with 2 atoms

Eyvaz Isaev eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 29 23:30:21 CEST 2009

Dear Mazouz,

> if there is any way to specify the  antiferromagnetic case for the same input file?

No, there is no way, you should differ antiferromagnetically ordered atoms (i.e. consider them as different atoms with antiparallel magnetic moments).

> or must I  use an input file of 8 atoms? or...

It depends on your computers, you can use 8, 16, even 24 etc, but the best way is the use of 4 atoms tetragonal cell. Hopefully you can manage to set up this one.

Bests,
Eyvaz.

Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel & Alloys, Russia,
Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University, Sweden
Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eyvaz.Isaev at fysik.uu.se, isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com