[Pw_forum] a not reasonable initial path for NEB calculation

lfhuang lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Sun Mar 29 16:14:48 CEST 2009

Hello everyone:
    I am calculating the diffusion barrier of atomic H on graphene layer using NEB method. The
first_image and last_image correspond to structures with a H atom on top of two nearest
C atoms, respectively. However, the interpolated initial path is not reasonable that there
are some largely displaced C atoms in the configurations between first and last images, because
in realistic case the C atoms will sustain a honeycomb structure when atomic H diffuses on it. I
have tried increasing the No. of intermediate images from 0 up to 7, and No. of total images
from 5 to 19, also changing the symmetry from ibrav=4 to ibrav=0, but it doesn't make any
different at all.
    In addition, I use the QE-3.2.3 version.
    Could anyone help me? I'd like to appreciate any good advice!
Best Wishes!
Yours Sincerely!
L. F. Huang
------
L.F.Huang(黄良锋) lfhuang at theory.issp.ac.cn
Add: Research Laboratory for Computational Materials Sciences,
Instutue of Solid State Physics,the Chinese Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 1129, Hefei 230031, P.R.China
Tel: 86-551-5591464-328(office)
Fax: 86-551-5591434
Web: http://theory.issp.ac.cn (website of our theory group)